Question:
whats this song called, please help??????
2007-05-11 02:17:16 UTC
i cant remember the name of this song an who sings its an old song all i can remember is some words lyk this:
''ive been everywhere man'' across the desert sand man''
anyone know it please? its a guy that sings it
Four answers:
2007-05-11 02:22:12 UTC
Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere
AllyKat
2007-05-11 09:23:26 UTC
is this it?

I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE

(Geoff Mack / John Grenell) (1966)

(New Zealand folk song)

Adapted by John Grenell (John Hore), from the original Australian

version composed by Geoff Mack, and made popular by Lucky Starr.

Over the years, John has made changes in the list of NZ towns.

Well I was hitching a ride on a winding Hokitika road

When along came a lorry with a high and canvas-covered load

"If you're going to Hokitika, mate, with me you can ride"

So I jumped into the cabin and settled down inside

He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand

And I said, "Look, listen mate, I've been everywhere in this here land ...

Cos, I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere man

I've G crossed the desert bare man,

I've D breathed the mountain air man

Of travel I've had my share man

I've been everywhere

I've been to

Kaparoa Whangaroa Akaroa Motueka

Taramoa Benmore Pongaroa Horoeka

Rimutaka Te Karaka Whangarei

Nuhaka Waimahaka Motuhura Waikaka

Motonui Hokonui Papanui Wainui

Matawai Rongotai Pikowai I'm a guy.

Ch. I've been everywhere, man . . .

Woodville Dargaville Lumsden Katikati

Naseby Cambridge Porirua Mararoa

Hastings Tikitiki Tauranga Auckland

Naenae Waitaha Hamilton Poroporo

Taupo Timaru Oamaru Tihoi

Awanui Wanganui Pauanui lot o' hooey.

Ch. I've been everywhere, man . . .

Featherston Palmerston Woolston Te Awamutu

Riverton Queenstown Picton Ohinemutu

Morere Korere Rotorua Kaikoura

Matamata Ruakura Ikamatua Papakura

Waitaki Pukaki Taranaki Te Kauwhata

Ropata Ikowai Waitemata what's the matter.

Ch. I've been everywhere, man . . .

Ruatoki Matahura Taupiri Maketu

Kyeburn Sowburn Wedderburn Mossburn

Washdyke Arawhata Paparoa Kaponga

Teraha Thames Kerikeri Kokoma

Tapanui Porinui Tawanui Otahuhu

Ruatapu Mosgiel Whareroa that's for sure.

Ch. I've been everywhere, man . . .

Kapiti Ngawaka Onepu Reporoa

Tongariro Tomoana Renwick Papamoa

B Karitane Oxford Parihaka Karetu

Coalgate Whitecliffs Urenui Mamaku

Waimea Waharoa Dannevirke Ngahere

Gordonton Oban Kingston how ya been.

Ch. I've been everywhere, man . . .

I've been here, there, everywhere

I've been everywhere

(Contributed by Nancy - August 2003)
Mintjulip
2007-05-11 09:43:11 UTC
As far as i know there are several different versions. There is a US version, written by Hank Snow, also recorded by Johnny Cash, there is also an Australian and New Zealand version as well, the one posted above is the New Zealand version.

So which one are you asking about?
2007-05-11 14:25:02 UTC
yeah johnny cash i believe